Monday, October 3, 2011

Stewardship 1 A View with Different Eyes

Saturday, October 01, 2011
8:35 PM
My Aunt was in the hospital. Five days later she was septic and family members were called. One of the gifts of this unfortunate situation was the hospital Chaplin. She seemed to find me or perhaps I was waiting to be found. There was no denial, no avoidance, but space and time being with. Being with in prayer, in silence, in proximity. One remark struck and reminded me of how lucky we are even struggling with the anxiety of loss and in a fearful fight for life. That is, that this disease (and so many others) is a disease of a wealthy country. From Nigeria-our Chaplin, looking at the patients in the hospital, we had so many gifts and even in illness lived with abundance.

This Blog is about gifts, abundance, giving, scarcity, and Stewardship in the complex world in which we live, love, and work. We intend to explore Stewardship and you are invited to participate.

1 comment:

  1. I want to echo this blog because I am aware of the abundance that surrounds me in the healthcare world. I am grateful that aging has been made easier; I wish my parents could have enjoyed the care that I do.

    And I am especially grateful for Jackie's, Tim's and Simon's coming to our faith community. I am grateful for Abel's mastery of the organ and for the toe-tapping music he has introduced. I am grateful for Tyler's contributions to our music. They all energize me when I feel like taking a nap and make me want to "get up and doing"

    ReplyDelete