Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"...a very strong community"



A Message from Bol Garang

        Thanks to the community of St. David's for all you have done for my family. When I came here in 2000, I didn't have family or people I knew in Syracuse. St. David's sponsored me. I stayed with the community when I was single and after I got married. I want my family to stay with St. David's because it is a very strong community that cares about people. You have stood up for me for a long time, supporting me first and now my family.

        This is why I am bringing my mother here; to see the way I live with this community. When I was in Sudan, my father had a lot of cows. He supported other people from our tribe who came to our village from far away. When they came to my father, when we were very young, my father did the same thing you have done. You have stood up for me.

         I still worry about my mother. When I was young, my parents cared for me very much. When I grew up I realized how much they did for me. That is why I want my mother to come, to see how much I care for her. I want to show her the people of St. David's.

         The people in Sudan know that America is a better country. Sometimes when I talk to my people, they say it is better to have a good friend over here and maybe they can come to see how things are in South Sudan and can make the country better.  

Thank you, again.

I look forward to having my mother meet you as soon as she arrives.

Bol Garang




No comments:

Post a Comment